SAIF Education Day
The 2017 SAIF Education Day will take place on Wednesday 1 November 2017 at Leicester Tigers Football Club.
SAIF has announced that the main speaker for this year’s conference will be Cheryl Paris, from the Scottish Government’s Burial and Cremation Team, will talk about the regulation of funeral directors.
Other key speakers on the day will include:
• Kevin Sinclair will be giving an update on the latest embalming technique challenges
• Gavin Faber from Irwin Mitchell will give an overview of how to handle conflict with families
• Brian Hart will provide a session on cyber fraud
• Fatima Uzzaman from the Department for Work & Pensions will be providing an update on Social Fund Payments
• Robert Rowntree will be discussing international disaster recovery by the funeral director
Students from the IFD College, who have successfully completed various courses, will be receiving their well-earned certificates from the IFD College Chairman during the latter part of the afternoon.
Exhibition stands have been confirmed from Smart Media Marketing (aFuneralnotice); Colourful Coffins; Funeralbooker Ltd; I-Netco Ltd; Ghyll House Publishing (t/a Polstead Press); Guy Elliott (Funeral Repatriation); Legacy/Life Expressions; MuchLoved Charitable Trust; National Repatriation; and Secure Haven Ltd.
If you are a SAIF Associate Member and have not yet booked your space, contact the SAIF Business Centre soon to ensure availability.
For non-associates who wish to attend please complete the booking form through the print magazine or contact SAIF.Tags: 2017, book, Brian Hart, burial, Cheryl Paris, cremation, disaster recovery, DWP, education, Education Day, embalming, event, exhibition, Fatima Uzzaman, funeral director, Government, IFD College, Irwin Mitchell, Leicester, SAIF, training