Boost your business with Facebook
Facebook is a powerful tool for a funeral business large or small. In an age where more and more consumers are going online, it’s important you learn how to use Facebook pages, ads and other engagement tools.
- Facebook has more than 48.5 million active users in the UK, making it a vital platform for a funeral business’ social media marketing.
- A Facebook business page performs two key functions. It helps you retain families you have already served and can also connect you with potential customers in your area through sharing key information about your business, products, services, upcoming events, your community activity and your people.
- Facebook ads and Messenger ads can be precisely targeted to your local area and are an extremely effective way to reach new customers.
Every funeral business, no matter what its size, can benefit from a Facebook presence. Facebook gives small businesses many ways to promote their services, and increase customer engagement and recognition through their platform.
What is a Facebook business page?
A Facebook business page is like a free business website companies can build on to expand their internet presence. Like a personal Facebook profile, your Facebook business page includes functionality for sending and receiving messages, posting updates, getting notifications and interacting with other users’ content through liking, sharing and commenting.
Of course, given how many companies have a Facebook presence, you’ll need your page to stand out from the crowd to draw significant attention to your business. If you’re questioning whether the work that goes into distinguishing your company on Facebook is worth it, the many benefits of Facebook business pages may convince you to invest the time.
Benefits of a Facebook business page
If you create a Facebook page for your company, you can use it to do the following:
- List basic contact information – If people wonder when your funeral home is open, they may visit your Facebook page to find out. They’ll also want to know your location, website and telephone number. A Facebook business page is a one-stop shop for listing all of this information.
- Engage new and existing customers – Not even families you have served over generations see what happens inside your business on a day-to-day basis – that is, unless you regularly share engaging social media content with them. A Facebook page is a great place to post images from inside your funeral business or behind the scenes with your team. Regular posts introducing your staff, sharing updates on your fleet, community events and products and services are all invaluable to keep a connection with your existing customers as well as engaging new ones.
- Know your audience – When you have a Facebook business page, you’ll have access to audience insights and demographics. You can use the data provided to understand who your followers are and better target future campaigns.
- Lessen marketing costs –
Starting a Facebook business page is free, and many additional Facebook marketing and analytics features are either free or inexpensive. Integrating a Facebook business page into your marketing plan is a budget-savvy way to reach more people – potentially an audience of billions – with less money.
- Boost web traffic – By linking to your company’s website on your Facebook business page, you’ll drive more traffic to your website. The more people you get to your website, the better the chances of people reading in-depth descriptions of your products and services.
- Improve SEO – Facebook business pages are good for more than just social media presence; they also help to boost your rankings in search engine queries.
Paid campaigns and advertising
One of Facebook’s best features is allowing you to target a specific audience through paid campaigns and advertisements. The platform maintains a large amount of profile information about its users, which can be advantageous when targeting ads. A simple example of this would be if you wish to advertise an annual memorial service for members of your local community. Facebook allows you to select audience criteria in the following categories:
- Location – Advertise in the villages, towns and cities where you want to do business.
- Demographics – Choose your audience based on age, gender, education, job title and more. You can also keep track of the types of people your ads are reaching.
- Interests – Add interests and hobbies of the people you want your ad to reach – from organic food to football teams – and make your targeted ads more relevant.
- Behaviour – Target your ads based on consumer behaviours such as prior purchases and device usage.
- Connections – Choose to include people who are connected to your Facebook page or event, or exclude them to find new audiences.
Overall, Facebook is a fantastic tool that is perfectly suited to a funeral business marketing plan.
The more time you invest now, the greater your return will be in the years to come. The key is consistency in your frequency of posts, quality of content and investing in paid ads and boosting posts. SAIF Digital can help, if you have not yet registered for a free digital audit visit saifdigital.co.uk today.
If you are on Facebook, join the SAIF Digital Facebook group for a library of social media posts, blogs and articles to help you maximise your social media presence.Tags: Declan Maguire, digital, Facebook, marketing, SAIF, social media, support