Climate emergency: how to help
In March, SAIF CEO Terry Tennens wrote to Lord Callanan, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, seeking information on how the Government can support SMEs within the sector to decarbonise.
The peer replied with the following advice:
1. At the SME Climate Hub, business leaders can make their pledge and also find clear guidance on the Net Zero actions they could take. This hub will also enable the Government to directly compare sign-ups by country, so it can demonstrate global leadership and help boost the UK’s international reputation.
2. The Carbon Trust has a great deal of information on its web pages about energy efficiency for SMEs, including energy efficiency guides for businesses and free webinars.
3. Businesses can access free advice at the Business Support Helpline here.
4. In 2015, the then Department for Energy and Climate Change published an SME Guide to Energy Efficiency here.
5. Members may also wish to contact their local authorities to find out if there is any support or funding available to improve the energy efficiency of their buildings.Tags: change, climate, emergency, energy, global warming, Government